[MPEG-OTSPEC] Removal of the CFF and CF2 from OFF standard (was: Proposal to make OFF complete)

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Thu Oct 8 18:30:19 CEST 2020

Someone _could_ implement hinting, though there’s no certainty of getting exactly the same rasterized result. But there are different TrueType rasterization implementations that don’t produce exactly the same rasterized results, if nothing else because different implementation use different over-sampling and filtering techniques. It seems by the same argument, then, that ‘glyf’ and related tables should be removed from OFF… _If_ it were assumed that interoperability of the font file format requires that different implementations can produce exactly the same rasterized results. That hasn’t been assumed for the past 20+ years, so how is it now suddenly a problem for interoperability?