[MPEG-OTSPEC] Introducing breaking changes into the spec (was: RE: [EXTERNAL] Proposal to deprecate derived search values)

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Fri Sep 11 22:12:49 CEST 2020

I did NOT say they can’t happen here, but this is exactly the kind of decision that cannot be taken lightly, and it is definitely not a joke!

New specs can be written easily, but it’s the wide adoption [not the spec itself] that we should care about the most because, in the end, it is what benefits users. You seem to care a lot about consensus decisions, and this is exactly why consensus decisions are so important.