[MPEG-OTSPEC] Introducing breaking changes into the spec (was: RE: [EXTERNAL] Proposal to deprecate derived search values)

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Tue Sep 15 18:22:58 CEST 2020

Not trying to shut anything down…

> Font compiler and rendering stack are open source

There are open source font compiler and rendering stack implementations, and that can definitely help facilitate hacking on new ideas.

Just don’t confuse that with eventual adoption of new ideas: the implementation landscape is far more complex than current OSS compiler/rendering implementations.

Peter