[MPEG-OTSPEC] [Font and Text Community Group] GitHub repo and proposed charter

梁海 Liang Hai lianghai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:34:58 CEST 2020

MPEG-OTSPEC subscribers and FTCG participants,

This is to announce that the Font and Text Community Group (FTCG)’s GitHub repo is now available, and you should review the proposed charter by 5 October. See the following post for details:

https://www.w3.org/community/font-text/2020/09/26/github-repo-and-proposed-charter/ <https://www.w3.org/community/font-text/2020/09/26/github-repo-and-proposed-charter/>

From now on, all discussions meant for the FTCG should happen in the GitHub repo as “issues”. You don’t have to be a formal FTCG participant <https://www.w3.org/community/font-text/participants> to join the discussions.

You are welcome to open any topics and questions in the FTCG GitHub’s repo about font and text’s encoding, format, shaping, layout, etc. We are also be happy to triage your questions and redirect them to relevant parties, so don’t worry about a predefined “scope”. We need to encourage communication across and around this little industry.

I’d like to thank Vlad for having offered this mailing list as a temporary venue, when we were still figuring out how to set up the new group (which has become the FTCG).

Best,
梁海 Liang Hai, acting chair of the FTCG
https://lianghai.github.io