[MPEG-OTSPEC] To add some more perspective

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Sep 27 23:26:22 CEST 2020

I read this thoughtful mail carefully.

> And I think we will find that frustrating in its own ways, and I dearly
> wish that the format had been openly standardised through W3C or Unicode —
> or pretty much any organisation other than ISO.*

I would say any organization other than JTC1/SC29
would work.  Most people in SC29 (MPEG and JPEG)
have no interest in fonts.   Hence the mess we have now.

Although I am very aware of problems in ISO, I can
imagine that complete migration from ISO to other
organizations has its own difficulties.

--
Regards,
Makoto