[MPEG-OTSPEC] fonts and SC34 (was RE: To add some more perspective

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Sep 28 13:05:02 CEST 2020

Peter,

ISO/IEC 9541 dates back to the pre-Unicode era.  It was
started by Ed Simura of Xerox.  It failed and Unicode won.
As a result, 9541 became paperware without implementations.
The WG that did 9541 was disbanded.  I guess that 9541
will be withdrawn by systematic reviews.

SC34 does not have any important font-related projects
obviously because OFF went to SC29.  Nevertheless,
fonts are in the scope of SC34.

Regards,
Makoto

Regards,