[MPEG-OTSPEC] Draft AHG report for your review

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Sat Jan 9 08:34:18 CET 2021

Vlad:

Another late comment-something to consider in the WG discussion: While re-reading the draft text for 5.7.11.1.6, there are references to "source in" and "source out" compositing modes that aren't set apart typographically, and that makes the wording a bit confusing. For example, "The same effects can be implemented... by... selecting the source in composite mode."

In the proposed WD content in the Google Fonts repo, I've made changes to the typography so that the compositing mode names are always italicized and follow the capitalization in the W3C doc; this makes the meaning in the text clearer. The above example becomes, "... by... selecting the Source In composite mode." You can see the specific changes in this commit:

https://github.com/googlefonts/colr-gradients-spec/commit/2938cb91372f4bfbd2460139131f09bcf9687be3#diff-f8c59e8d70f0a695574ea35269cf5f70c46db8cc40daa2d5e128e8c79be10528

Peter