[MPEG-OTSPEC] WD for AMD 2 and COLR v1 enhancements

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Sat Jan 9 11:23:53 CET 2021

Agreed. We have a better understanding of the complexity of the issue now – thanks for that, Peter.

In future discussion perhaps it’s helpful to borrow the “z-index” concept from CSS, such that each glyph in a colour glyph can (optionally) position itself explicitly in a vertical stack, instead of its position in the DAG (directed acyclic graph). The font’s z-index would *probably* not be related to the z-index of the general graphic context, though it it’s worth considering expectations when two textboxes, both containing z-index’d colour type in the same font, overlap.

- Laurence