[MPEG-OTSPEC] Draft AHG report

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Sat Jul 10 02:22:16 CEST 2021

Thanks, Vlad.

There have been some new language system tags recently registered for the OT spec (see issues 781<https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/typography-issues/issues/781>, 797<https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/typography-issues/issues/797>, and this request on TypeDrawers<https://typedrawers.com/discussion/comment/51071#Comment_51071>). Since OFF Amd2 will already include some changes to the table of language system tags (clause 6.4.2), I think it would make sense to add the following:

Language system: Avatime
Tag: 'AVN '
Corresponding ISO 639 ID: avn

Language system: Dagbani
Tag: 'DAG '
Corresponding ISO 639 ID: dag

Language system: Kawi (Old Javanese)
Tag: 'KAW '
Corresponding ISO 639 ID: kaw

Language system: Lelemi
Tag: 'LEF '
Corresponding ISO 639 ID: lef

Language system: Waci Gbe
Tag: 'WCI '
Corresponding ISO 639 ID: wci

(There is another OT issue requesting language system tags related to the Miao script, but there are some details that still need clarification.)

Peter