[MPEG-OTSPEC] New AHG mandates and other news!

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Thu May 13 19:48:58 CEST 2021

To "'MPEG OT Spec list'" <mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at>

> This thread appears to have drifted entirely away from OpenType / OFF
> hence is getting way off topic for this list.

Yes, you are right.

But I felt that it was correct for me to reply to the comments that you
made rather than just leave those comments unanswered.

This discussion would be good in the Unicode public mailing list, but
alas, you know how it is.

There used to be really good discussions with lots of posts and lots of
people posting back around 2002 but it all seems to have dried up now.

Only four posts so far this month.

A lively, respectful discussion about localizable sentences and whether
to encode them would be good.

There could be serendipitous spin-off discussions about other topics
too.

William Overington

Thursday 13 May 2021