[MPEG-OTSPEC] Is it valid to use a GSUB sequence with a leading ZWJ character please?

David Lemon typenerd at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 14 23:51:30 CEST 2022

PBS had a ten-minute (or so) segment in yesterday's News Hour program about glasses emoji and moving beyond the "nerd" stigma, so I'm not surprised there's chatter on the Unicode list.

William, I'm curious: Why are you leading with a ZWNJ instead of placing it between the to-be-ligated characters?
thanks,
David Lemon