[MPEG-OTSPEC] Fw: Discrepancies between OpenType Japanese fonts and OT spec

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 21 15:51:57 CEST 2023

 Meant to reply-all.
   ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Hin-Tak Leung <htl10 at users.sourceforge.net>To: 木田泰夫 <kida at mac.com>Sent: Monday, 21 August 2023 at 14:50:48 BSTSubject: Re: [MPEG-OTSPEC] Discrepancies between OpenType Japanese fonts and OT spec
  Hi Kida kun,
Are you talking about some part of the spec not being appropriate / practical for Japanese/CJK, or that implementers (Microsoft's font scaler, Apple's coretext, freetype/harfbuzz) not following what the specs said?
Implementers have their own schedules and priorities (and sometimes, for strategic reasons, simply don't follow the spec or community consesus, when it is a business advantage to not follow.), and have different release schedules, compared to the opentype/open font format releases.
It is a bit confusing what you wrote.
Regards,Hin-Tak