[MPEG-OTSPEC] Expressing a colourful glyph in a QR code and application of such a QR code

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 1 15:10:34 CET 2023

In a previous post I included the following.

> Yet if the way of encoding a glyph as a text string in a QR code were
> to be specified by OpenType experts and were to become part of the
> font standard, or an annex document related to it, then the concept
> could potentially be applied in various practical ways.

and

> Is this a suggestion that people here consider good?

and

> Can it be implemented please?

As a matter of procedure and protocol, if people decide that the
suggestion of standardization of the format of such a string of
glyph-describing text characters is a good suggestion, is it in scope
for such a standardization of the format of such a string of
glyph-describing text characters to become encoded in the font standard
please?

If not, is it possible to put forward a motion such that such a
standardization of the format of such a string of glyph-describing text
characters becomes in scope for becoming encoded in the font standard
please and how and to whom would such a motion need to be presented
please?

William Overington

Friday 1 December 2023