[MPEG-OTSPEC] Separate `VARC` table proposal

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Dec 21 23:16:56 CET 2023

Hello again,

Over the past few days I experimented with and implemented many more
optimization ideas in the `VARC` table, to make it even more compact. I
updated the proposal briefly:

  https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/VARC.md

I would welcome any feedback, but otherwise am happy with the results.

Feel free to discuss here, or on:

  https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/issues/103

Happy holidays,

behdad