[MPEG-OTSPEC] Updated Working Draft text is now available for public review

MURATA eb2mmrt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:37:00 CEST 2024

Vladimir,

Thank you for the updated text.

These days, ISO is much more strict than before.  The text of the standard
is strongly required to follow ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2
<https://www.iso.org/sites/directives/current/part2/index.xhtml>, and ISO
House Style <https://www.iso.org/ISO-house-style.html>.  There are 43
occurrences of "may not" in the current text, but "may not" is prohibited
(see  7.6 in the directives).  There are 544 occurrences of “must” in the
current text, but "must" is allowed only when it represents external
constraints (e.g., legal requirements and natural laws).  All these
expressions have to be rewritten.  I guess that many other editorial
requirements will be required.

Regards,
Makoto

2024年3月21日(木) 0:38 Vladimir Levantovsky via mpeg-otspec <
mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at>:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased to let you know that the updated text of the WD of ISO/IEC
> 14496-22 5th edition Open font format
> <https://www.mpeg.org/wp-content/uploads/mpeg_meetings/145_OnLine/w23466.zip> is
> now available for download.
> Your review and comments would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Vladimir

慶應義塾大学政策・メディア研究科特任教授
村田 真