[MPEG-OTSPEC] Note on VARC conditions and condition set negation

Skef Iterum skef at skef.org
Thu Apr 11 22:40:35 CEST 2024

This proposal is a particular way of supporting arbitrary boolean
expressions in OFF. That does have the benefit of "just doing it" --
it's certainly preferable to adding significantly more complexity while
falling short of total generality.

However, there were presumably reasons this route wasn't taken to begin
with, probably having to do with complexity, and those would have to be
discussed. I.e.: Is this too much rope?

This direction would be fine with me if it's fine with the group, but I
feel that would a discussion for the upcoming, more onerous phase of
work, not to squeeze in before the up coming deadline.

Skef