[MPEG-OTSPEC] CSS WG liaison to SC29 on Open Font Format (from Feb. 2020)

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Thu Feb 22 15:59:25 CET 2024

When Behdad, I and others did some thinking about the JSTF table last
year (with a view to potentially making a 2.0 version which interacted
better with variable fonts), we came to the realisation that everything
you can do with the JSTF table, you can actually now do with a "JSTF"
axis. So at this point it's entirely redundant.

In fact, I think Behdad implemented JSTF-axis-based justification in
harfbuzz. (hb_shape_justify)