[mpeg-OTspec] AHG on Open Font Format kick-off

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Fri Sep 5 20:54:46 CEST 2008

Dear mpsuzuki-san,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.

I will edit the header title for 'kern' table as you suggested.

The "Recommendation" section (I believe this is what you were referring
to as "cross-platform notes") has not been dropped. The whole section is
in the text of the ISO/IEC 14496-22, clause 6 "Recommendations" (you can
find comments specific to 'kern' table on page 365 of the current draft
FCD, and comments on 'cmap' table on page 364).

As far as 'kern' table and subtable version numbers and field
definitions are concerned - the current text is identical to original
text of OpenType specification 1.4 and 1.5. I f you believe it would be
beneficial to modify / update the field descriptions - we would need to
discuss and approve these changes as part of the established ISO ballot
process. AHG can not make these decision on its own, without having it
discussed and approved by the SC29/WG11. I would encourage you to submit
your comments and proposals as FCD ballot National Body comments.

Thank you and best regards,
Vladimir