[mpeg-OTspec] RE: AHG meeting on September 8th - Meeting notes

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 12 18:14:31 CEST 2008

Dear Vladimir Levantovsky,

Thank you very much for positive comment. The description
of the version number element in "hdmx" table is quite simple,

        USHORT        version        Table version number (0)

And there's no further description about the version number
at all.

So, if such simple description is acceptable, I propose to
add "(0)" to the end of the kern subtable version description,
aslike:

	USHORT        version        Kern subtable version number (0)

I've checked 79 TrueType fonts including OpenType-conforming
kern table designed for Microsoft platform, all of them had
same subtable version number, 0 (if required, I will send the
list of checked fonts). Thus I think it's the most standard
version number.

Apple's extended kern table has no corresponding element for
kern subtable version number, we don't have to mind about the
consistency with it.

If I overlooked any required investigation about existing font
files and font drivers, please let me know. I will do that.

Regards,
mpsuzuki