Composite Fonts Requirements

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Tue Apr 7 23:26:31 CEST 2009

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your active participation on this email list. I
made an attempt to summarize the results of the discussions we had on
the subject of Composite Fonts. The file is uploaded to the AHG's Files
(
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mpeg-OTspec/files/Composite%20Fonts%20Requ
irements.doc
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mpeg-OTspec/files/Composite%20Fonts%20Req
uirements.doc> ) and is also attached to this email for your
convenience. I would like to ask you to review the document and provide
your comments.

As part of the AHG mandate we need to produce the report on AHG
activities for the next WG11 meeting (Apr. 20-24) and to propose a way
forward. The deadline for submitting input contributions is next
Tuesday, April 14th. I plan to use the attached document as a report
outlining current AHG activities and to propose that the exploration
activity should be extended to allow the AHG finalize remaining items
for consideration. Pleas note that as a result of this activity we will
be required to produce the proposed Working Draft of the future
Composite Fonts specification, if we decide to go forward with Composite
Fonts as a technical solution.

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Best regards,