[mpeg-OTspec] MD5 is no more considered secure

Eric Muller emuller at Adobe.com
Thu Dec 17 23:54:40 CET 2009

On 12/17/2009 1:09 PM, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> DSIG is an optional table in the OT/OFF font, the primary reason for
> its inclusion is to provide a certain level of assurance that the font
> file has not been tampered with.

I don't think that with the current wording of the spec,  the mere
presence of a signature says anything about what the signature means.

Think about a notarized declaration: my signature means that I make the
declaration, while the notary signature means that he followed a certain
protocol to assert my identity.

Eric.