[mpeg-OTspec] RE: FW: Proposed Script tag additions

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Fri Dec 3 19:05:12 CET 2010

Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> ...do we want language-specific shaping specification
> be kept "as is" (i.e. as separate specifications), or would be useful
> and reasonable to make them part of the ISO OFF standard, e.g. add them
> as annexes to establish a compliance point for text layout engine
> implementations?

I would be in favour of making the script and language shaping
specifications part of the OFF standard. As numerous people have
complained to date, there is no OTL implementation specification, and
this would be an important step towards creating one.

Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Gulf Islands, BC      tiro at tiro.com

A pilgrimage is a journey undertaken in the
light of a story. -- Paul Elie