FW: Proposed Script tag additions

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Fri Dec 3 17:38:12 CET 2010

Hello Behdad, all,

Apologies for the delayed response. The shaping of Syriac that you're referring to is a part of the different specification that is related to OT/OFF. Since it's not the part of the "OFF proper", it cannot be part of the ISO OFF amendment, but your proposal does bring up the important issue to consider - do we want language-specific shaping specification be kept "as is" (i.e. as separate specifications), or would be useful and reasonable to make them part of the ISO OFF standard, e.g. add them as annexes to establish a compliance point for text layout engine implementations?