[mpeg-OTspec] RE: font media types

Thomas Phinney tphinney at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 5 21:53:48 CEST 2011

That's a couple of times you've mentioned a font having both kinds of
outlines. I don't think that's a possibility that should be encouraged, and
I for one would prefer NOT to explicitly designate how to handle it. It is
specifically recommended against in the OT spec: "Both Microsoft and Adobe
recommend against mixing outline formats within a single font. Choose the
format that meets your feature requirements." (
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/recom.htm)

Cheers,

--
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone,
 somewhere, may be happy.”