quality of OpenType Layout tag registry

Michelle Perham mihill at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 9 00:06:24 CEST 2011

Hi Steve,
There has been very little traffic lately on the OpenType discussion list. It's fairly informal. Several years back the OpenType specification was standardized through ISO as the Open Font Format. There is a separate list for discussions on the OpenFont Format. It's a yahoo group: mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com. Discussions on that list are more formal and changes to the spec. need to be made according to ISO guidelines. It's a bit complicated, but I wanted to provide you a little more information. The specifications aren't just owned by Microsoft, they are owned by the community.

Michelle