[mpeg-OTspec] Proposed changes to the OFF specification

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Tue Jul 19 18:14:48 CEST 2011

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:

> Here, I had meant that the text
>
> International: Additional specifications are required for
> PANOSE to classify non-Latin character sets.
>
> should be retained. Do you have any comment on this part?

I don't object to it being retained, although it is the sort of
informative comment that doesn't really inform, in the sense of
providing useful information about what to do. It doesn't indicate
whether the 'additional specifications' exist or do not exist, nor if
they are additional to the OS/2 spec or to the Panose spec.

Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Gulf Islands, BC      tiro at tiro.com

You may quote to me, render to Caesar the things that
are Caesar's, but St. Hilary commented on that, that
the less we had of Caesar, the less we would have to
render to him. -- Dorothy Day