[mpeg-OTspec] Re: [OpenType] JLREQ <-> fonts

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Fri Oct 7 21:19:59 CEST 2011

Dear Suzuki-san, all,

Thank you for providing additional comments. I don't think there is an urgency to address these issues by the next meeting but in general I think we (the AHG, i.e.) need to start collecting the list of issues that need to be addressed in the spec. We have an amendment that is now under DAM ballot so it is too late introduce any new issue there. And, since this is a second amendment to ISO/IEC 14496-22:2009 edition of the OFF standard - according to a new JTC1 process we would have to start working on the next, 3rd edition if we decide to make new changes and amend parts of the spec.

Over the last few months we had quite a few requests for changes, clarifications and new additional technologies (e.g. SVG outlines), so this work would be justified but it would require active involvement from all interested parties. I would like to thank you all for your contributions.

Thank you and regards,
Vladimir