[mpeg-OTspec] rclt feature -- minor concern

Mansour, Kamal kamal.mansour at monotypeimaging.com
Thu Aug 9 01:20:04 CEST 2012

Sairus,

To put it in perspective, I would say that the 'rclt' feature is a welcome addition for the more complex styles of Arabic writing, but it would not be required for many simple styles. If it's present in a font, it should not be normally possible to turn it off. By the way, 'rclt' will also be useful to many other scripts which might require  more than one pass to refine the final rendered shapes.

Kamal