SVG in OpenType: latest draft being discussed

Sairus Patel sppatel at adobe.com
Tue Aug 14 20:40:58 CEST 2012

[I'm sending this to both the OT and OFF lists.]

Folks,

I thought I'd point you to the latest draft that is being discussed in the W3 Community Group for SVG in OpenType:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svgopentype/2012Aug/att-0000/SVG_in_OpenType_WD_2012-08-07.pdf

It is still being worked on. It doesn't address custom fill or any kind of "color-by-numbers" scheme yet. We'll be discussing how to handle that next since it will be a compelling aspect of this technology.

Again, all are invited to join and participate in the community group: http://www.w3.org/community/svgopentype. The group's public-svgopentype list is where most of the draft's design decisions have been discussed.

Sairus