[mpeg-OTspec] Valid characters in "post" glyph names?

Sairus Patel sppatel at adobe.com
Thu Aug 9 20:19:12 CEST 2012

Adam, Vlad,

Our Type Dept tells me that the “Unicode and Glyph Names” document referenced in the specification (in the ‘post’ table introduction as well as Recommendations section) should be replaced by the “Adobe Glyph List Specification” document with URL http://sourceforge.net/adobe/aglfn/wiki/AGL%20Specification.

> The Adobe document […] used to mention in an older version the "minimal spec" for a well-formed glyph name

Read Roberts tells me that at the very end of sec. 6 at the above URL there is a link to another document that contains the “minimal spec” wording you refer to.

> I'd like to propose to add the points (1) and (2), or at least the point (1) to both the Adobe document and to the recommendations section for the "post" table in the spec.

It’s fine to add this to the recommendations section for ‘post’. Read approves of the wording you propose.

Thanks,
Sairus