[mpeg-OTspec] Draft AHG report

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Tue Jan 31 16:12:35 CET 2012

Dear Suzuki-san,

Thank you for your comment. I believe that the Panose issue itself isn't complex and can be resolved fairly quickly. However, for it to become a part of the standard we need to go through the ISO process. As of today, the 2009 (2nd) edition of OFF standard already has two amendments and one corrigendum. According to the new ISO directives, in order to introduce any additional changes to the spec we need to create a new edition, which coincides nicely with the work that is being done in this group and in W3C for integrating SVG glyphs in OT/OFF.

Taking into account this work and all additional proposals for changes and clarifications that were submitted recently - starting a new work item for 3rd edition of the ISO/IEC 14496-22 would be perfectly justified. This also means though that we will go through the full life cycle of the standard development (WD-CD-DIS-FDIS) and, assuming the working draft is created in the second half of 2012, the earliest possibility for completion of the OFF 3rd edition would be mid-2014. Would this schedule be acceptable for SC34/WG4?