New work on 3rd edition of the OFF (AHG kick-off)

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Wed Jul 25 21:30:46 CEST 2012

Dear AHG members,

With this kick-off message, I would like to announce the start of the new work on the 3rd edition of the ISO/IEC 14496-22 "Open Font Format" that was approved at the MPEG meeting last week. I will create a new working draft merging the base document (previous 2nd  edition version from 2009) with all changes that were introduced by amendments and corrigendum and will make the new text available for you to review and comment.

I would also like to ask you to start thinking about new features, functionality and clarifications that you would like to propose to improve the text of the standard. In particular, I would like us to review the proposals that have already been submitted to this AHG in recent couple of years and discuss whether it would be reasonable and useful to incorporate them into the current working draft text. For this purpose, I have collected the references to member posts outlining newly proposed items (my apologies if I missed any, please review and contribute your ideas):

FYI - the next MPEG meeting will take place on October 15-19.