[OpenType] MS Proposal for a new Name Table ID

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Fri Jan 4 21:27:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

The 3rd edition of the OFF standard (ISO/IEC 14496-22) is in the working draft stage. We don’t have to promote it to the next stage by a certain date but should rather strive for a feature-complete specification. What I am saying is that we currently *are* considering a round of changes so this is a perfect time to do it, even if it results in one more version of the working draft being produced. We can continue this discussion and anything that we don't agree on can be worked on and put in the next revision of the working draft (e.g. in April).

Thank you,
Vlad