[mpeg-OTspec] RE: Updates to script and language tags

Bob Hallissy Bob_Hallissy at sil.org
Wed Jan 16 02:29:57 CET 2013

Actually, I did raise some issues which, as far as I can tell, have gone
unanswered. And that was not with a detailed look at the names proposal.

Fundamentally: the proposal claims that the changes are to "more
universally accepted" -- what authority is being used to identify such?

Lacking any information on the authority in use, I turned to iso639 and
with just a cursory glance found some of the proposed names are not
there -- so presumably some other authority is being referenced?

Bob