[mpeg-OTspec] post table recommendations: a question and a proposal

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 18:07:40 CEST 2013

Vladimir,

As there have been no further objections, I would request this change to
the Recommendations section:

    NOTE          The PostScript glyph name must only include uppercase
    or lowercase English letters, European digits, the period or the
    underscore, i.e. from the set [A-Za-z0-9_.] and should start with a
    letter, except the special glyph name ".notdef" which starts with a
    period.

to:

    NOTE          The PostScript glyph name should be no longer than 31
    characters, include only uppercase or lowercase English letters,
    European digits, the period or the underscore, i.e. from the set
    [A-Za-z0-9_.] and start with a letter, except the special glyph name
    ".notdef" which starts with a period.

[The only change from my previous suggestion was to change "must" to
"should"]

or, the slightly more verbose but more easily parsed:

    NOTE          The PostScript glyph name should be no longer than 31
    characters, should include only uppercase or lowercase English
    letters, European digits, the period or the underscore, i.e. from
    the set [A-Za-z0-9_.] and should start with a letter, except the
    special glyph name ".notdef" which starts with a period.

Bob