OFF updates - Draft input contribution

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Wed Jul 17 20:06:50 CEST 2013

Dear AHG members,

I made an attempt to summarize the discussions we had throughout last few months in order to identify the remaining updates that didn't make it yet to the text of the Working Draft of the 3rd edition OFF standard (ISO/IEC 14496-22). Please see attached for your review, comments and feedback (especially if I missed anything) are welcome and much appreciated.

One issue (highlighted in the draft) is the addition of the Language System tag for Armenian East (assuming that the currently established tag for Armenian is predominantly in use for Armenian West). According to the email from John Hudson (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/mpeg-OTspec/message/1000) it would be appropriate to consider adding a new tag to identify orthographic distinctions between these two language variants. I propose to consider HYE0 (as a variant of HYE) for it. This is the only change that we not yet approved so please review the draft and respond with any objections you may have. If I don't hear from you by Monday next week I will consider the lack of response as approval and will submit the draft to ISO SC29/WG11 for further consideration.