[mpeg-OTspec] OFF updates - Draft input contribution [1 Attachment]

Denis Jacquerye denis.jacquerye at daltonmaag.com
Thu Jul 18 10:42:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

The Zazaki language currently only has its Dimli variation with a language
tag in the latest draft:
Dimli DIQ diq
But in ISO 639-3 Zazaki is a macrolanguage see
http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=zza
There is no OT language tag for Zazaki 'zza' or the other variant Kirmanjki
'kiu'.

Like Turkish, some Zazaki orthography uses the dotless i and would require
the correct features in Latin fonts.

To go back on the topic of Luba-Lulua and Luba-Kasai. There is no
difference in their orthographic systems at the glyph level. Both languages
use the Standardized spelling rules that were defined in 1971 for the
national languages (including Tshiluba/Luba-Kasai) and other languages of
Congo-Kinshasa (Zaire back then).
However they are different languages, it makes sense for them to have
different tags.

Cheers,

--
Denis Jacquerye, Font Reliability Engineering, Dalton Maag Ltd
9th Floor, Blue Star House, 234-240 Stockwell Road, London, SW9 9SP, UK

Direct: +44 20 3644 9998 London Office: +44 20 7924 0633

Registered office: Mutfords, Hare Street, Buntingford, SG9 0ED, UK
Registered in England and Wales: 3103619