regarding Adobe document "Unicode and,Glyph Names"

Bob Hallissy Bob_Hallissy at sil.org
Mon Jun 24 06:12:51 CEST 2013

In Section 7 "Recommendations for OFF fonts", of ISO/IEC 14496-22 (2009,
which I think is the latest), I read:
> /'post' table//
> //All information required, although the VM Usage fields may be set to
> zero. OFF fonts containing CFF outlines//
> //use only format 3.0 of the 'post' table. Glyph names are described
> in the Adobe document "Unicode and//
> //Glyph Names" in the informative reference 3 in the bibliography,.../

Reference 3 in the bibliography says:
> /[3] Adobe Glyph List -
> http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/opentype/glyphlist.txt/

which (a) is not the expected /Adobe document "Unicode and Glyph Names"/
and worse (b) is a link to a file which is NOT the recommended glyph
naming set for new fonts.

Searching Adobe site for an article called "Unicode and Glyph Names", I
find one in the archives:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet-archive/opentype/archives/glyph.html
and a very similar one, perhaps identical except for title, at
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/opentype/archives/glyph.html#6

I note that both of these are redirects which include "archive" in their
URL, so unlikely to be current.

I believe that, via the Open @ Adobe project, the desired document and
the subsidiary AGL and AGLFN glyph lists are now maintained on
sourceforge, specifically at:
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/aglfn/wiki/AGL%20Specification/

Can we get the reference updated, please?

Regards,
Bob Hallissy