[mpeg-OTspec] Language System tags needed for preferred glyphs

Denis Jacquerye moyogo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:40:54 CET 2013

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, this is for OFF indeed.

For U+014A in Australian indigenous languages see:
http://laal.cdu.edu.au/search/?q=laal&v=grid&o=td&smode=browse
The list should probably be extended.

For Dan/Gio:
http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/SC2/WG2/docs/n3481.pdf pages 5 and 6 show
samples of U+0181 being used with a preferred from different from the
most common one in Dan/Gio in Liberia 'daf' (I gave the code for Dan
in Côte d’Ivoire 'dnj' by mistake, which might have a different
preference) from:
- Trinitarian Bible Society (1989), Wodɔwo Dɔu (The New Testament in
the Gio Language of theRepublic of Liberia), Trinitarian Bible
Society, London, England, p.380
- The Dan Literacy Association (2001), Dan Wo Lonosɥ Wãa a Bɛ̃ɛsɥ
Gɛ̃gbaã Kwi (First Step to Reading and Writing Dan), Liberian Bible
Translation & Literacy Organization (LIBTRALO), Monrovia, Liberia,
p.64.

For Kpelle:
Theodore E. Leidenfrost and John S. McKay (2007), Kpɛlɛɛ-woo–Kwii-woo
Su-kula Kɔlɔ, Kpelle–English Dictionary, uses the same U+0181 like B
with topbar as well and is set in Charis SIL which has a feature to
select the preferred variant. I can provide an image if necessary.

For Loma and probably Toma:
Lorna A. Priest mentions the use of U+0181 as B with topbar in a Loma
Bible from 1971in
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/qalam/conversations/topics/6837

Cheers,