[mpeg-OTspec] Request to have MS MATH table and math OTL features added to OFF spec

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Thu Oct 17 17:57:31 CEST 2013

Thank you John and Simon for bringing this up for AHG discussion.
Yes, support for MATH table in the OFF would be a desirable extension as more and more scientists and publishers face the problems with the math equations when they try to move their papers and publications online and in the e-book form. Extending the OFF layout capabilities to support this would be a good work item to consider.

I’d suggest that we should add this to a draft Call for Proposals that we discussed when the color fonts proposals were brought up. The Call (the latest version can be found in attachment to my earlier message at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mpeg-OTspec/conversations/messages/1021) is expected to be finalized and published at the upcoming MPEG meeting, and we can extend it to solicit support for math OTL features.

All, are there any objections to add the math layout tools to the current draft of the CFP?