Draft text of DIS OFF standard

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Wed Jul 9 14:28:48 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Please see attached the draft text of the DIS version of the OFF (ISO/IEC 14496-22 3rd edition) with all the changes implemented and tracked. Please review the document and let me know by Friday morning if I missed anything.

I'd like to bring up one question related to most recent OS/2 changes - should we up the OS/2 version number?

We added two new data fields (usLowerOpticalPointSize and usUpperOpticalPointSize) in the end of the table. Technically, if we keep the OS/2 version number as is - this change should not affect any existing implementations since they will stop reading the table data after the last known data field and two additional data fields will simply be ignored [and processed only by updated implementations]. However, I believe that while making similar changes in the past we did increase the OS/2 version number - we need to decide if we want to do the same now, with the current changes in place.

Please respond to this email with your suggestions and comments.