[mpeg-OTspec] Re: Proposal to modify wording for name table ID 6

James Cloos cloos+mpeg-otspec at jhcloos.com
Wed Jun 11 17:55:55 CEST 2014

JC>> So perhaps the OTF spec needn't worry about it at all?

> Perhaps. While the discussion of the name length limits has been a
> wonderful trip down memory lane, my main concern with this proposal
> was to eliminate the requirement to include two (or really any number
> of) entries for name ID 6. Were any of the comments thus far (Ken?
> Thomas?) intended as objections to that?

My intent with the comment quoted above was only about <63 length issues.

I should have added that, since 63 doesn't appear to be an issue outside
of otf, it is OK for otf to continue to specify 63 as the max length.

I also should have written, in the first note, that I like your proposal.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6