[mpeg-OTspec] format of CSS Variables has changed

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Tue Mar 25 09:44:44 CET 2014

Hello Vladimir,

> Hi Cameron,

> Thank you very much for letting us know about the upcoming changes
> in the CSS Variables spec and the new format for custom properties
> names. I will add these to the list of changes related to the user
> agent style sheet, with this and earlier changes you recommended it
> will look as follows (just want to make sure that I get everything right):

Much better with display: none rather than zero font size! Two small
changes (trim double ;; and there are two lines of comments, not one)

@namespace svg url(http://www.w3.org/2000/svg);
svg|text, svg|foreignObject {
     display: none !important;
}
:root {
   fill: context-fill;
   fill-opacity: context-fill-opacity;
   stroke: context-stroke;
   stroke-opacity: context-stroke-opacity;
   stroke-width: context-value;
   stroke-dasharray: context-value;
   stroke-dashoffset: context-value;
/* examples: optional custom property declarations
   --color<num>: <color>; */
   --color0: rgba(255,0,0, 0.5);
}

Is it sufficiently clear that the --colorn lines can be edited to
suit while the rest is fixed and must not be changed?

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:chris at w3.org