[OpenType] Re: [mpeg-OTspec] SVGZ in SVG+OpenType

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Nov 21 03:24:30 CET 2014

As promised, here's the proposed addition to the SVG_in_OpenType spec.  Under
2.2.3 SVG Document Index Entry, before the last paragraph ("For further
details about the content of the SVG documents..."), add:

"""
While SVG 1.1 requires [0] that conforming SVG implementations must correctly
support gzip-encoded [RFC1952] and deflate-encoded [RFC1951] data streams,
this specification requires that conforming SVG implementations must correctly
support plain-text and gzip-encoded [RFC1952] data streams only.  In any case,
svgDocLength encodes the length of the encoded data, not the decoded document.
"""

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html#ConformingSVGViewers

Cheers,
behdad