[mpeg-OTspec] Proposal : deprecate 'hngl' feature

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Tue Nov 3 23:53:56 CET 2015

John,

As the person who is guilt of, er, um, responsible for registering the 'hngl' feature 10 to 15 years ago, I have no particular objection to deprecating its use.

The rationale for this feature was to enable the rendering of Korean text that includes hanja (ideographs) in such a way that substitutes only the hanja for their corresponding hangul, and without disrupting the original text stream. If such OpenType features are frowned upon, then deprecate away.

Regards...

-- Ken