First draft of the ballot comments on the new amendment

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 27 19:59:32 CEST 2016

Hi Greg,

If you can have a look at the Microsoft code and check soon, that would be great. My implementation ( https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator/blob/master/DSIGInfo/DSIGInfo.cs ) was checked against at least all the Win 8.1 and win 7 shipped fonts, so I am fairly sure that's how Microsoft signs their own shipping fonts :-). The checksum's are adjusted to those without the DSIG table, but not zero'ed.

Martin: If you can locate you old work, conceptually, the hash is simply of "a valid font stripped of the DSIG table + two bytes appended".

Hin-Tak