script tags update (Re: [mpeg-OTspec] Digest Number 549)

Leonardo Chiariglione leonardo at chiariglione.org
Thu Mar 31 19:26:14 CEST 2016

I certainly do not claim to represent a universal Japanese feeling on the subject (if one exists), but my years spent in Japan and mi lifelong acquaintance with Japanese friends lead me to say that it probably makes sense to distinguish between漢字(kanji) and仮名(kana) because the former is iconic and the other is syllabic, even though in a normal sentence漢字 and仮名 are mixed. I am not sure it makes practical sense to use a single word – kana – to indicate two different alphabets which are used to represent the same sounds but with a different context, even though, again, many sentences contain both types of kana next to kanji.

Leonardo

Learn about  <http://www.wimbridge.tv/bridgetplayer/index.html?videoId=56e2ec42c83add010026543d&startFlag&startFlag> CEDEO in a video bridget

Watch video bridgets of famous cities:  <http://wimbridge.tv/bridgetplayer/index.html?videoId=5697701216868d0100dd8178&startFlag> London,  <http://wimbridge.tv/bridgetplayer/index.html?videoId=56cb1f8bc83add01002653cb&startFlag> Madrid,  <http://wimbridge.tv/bridgetplayer/index.html?videoId=569e3b9116868d0100dd81cd&startFlag> Rome,  <http://wimbridge.tv/bridgetplayer/index.html?videoId=5696660b16868d0100dd8141&startFlag> Turin

Create your own video bridget:  <http://www.wimbridge.tv/> http://www.wimbridge.tv/