[mpeg-OTspec] Re: [OpenType] Feature for JIS 4051/JLREQ widths

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Tue May 24 21:48:14 CEST 2016

John,

Right, and I believe that the current ballot has a suggestion to change what is in the 2015 version to the following:

"This feature should be off by default. However, implementations conforming to JLREQ (Requirements for Japanese Text Layout) or similar CJK text layout standard that expect half-width forms of characters whose default glyphs are full-width should turn on this feature by default, or selectively apply this feature to particular characters that require special treatment for CJK text layout purposes, such as brackets, punctuation, and quotes."

Best...

-- Ken