[mpeg-OTspec] Re: [OpenType] Feature for JIS 4051/JLREQ widths

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Tue May 24 21:45:29 CEST 2016

On 24/05/16 12:34, Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com [mpeg-OTspec] wrote:

> Instead, look for my reply from earlier today in which I steered Eric
> to the 'halt' and 'vhal" features, whose descriptions are current in
> the ISO/IUEC 14496-22:2015 and match the discussions that we had last
> year.

As I recall, the discussion last year concluded that we should make the
relationship of these features to the JLREQ standard explicit in the
feature descriptions (in the same way that we're now making the
relationship of <init> <medi> etc. to the Unicode ArabicJoining.txt
explicit).

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

Getting Spiekermann to not like Helvetica is like training
a cat to stay out of water. But I'm impressed that people
know who to ask when they want to ask someone to not like
Helvetica. That's progress. -- David Berlow