[mpeg-OTspec] DAM2 comments

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Tue Sep 13 18:47:20 CEST 2016

On 13/09/16 09:37, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> I am not sure what should be considered the name of the document though since it's a simple text file and the name of the file (ArabicShaping.txt) isn't something I'd consider human friendly.

That is the name, though. Within each version of the file is a longer
name containing the version, e.g.

     # ArabicShaping-9.0.0.txt

Like many of the normative data files of the Unicode Standard, it is
intended to be machine parseable as well as humanly readable, hence the
file name is the normative reference.

J.

--

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

Getting Spiekermann to not like Helvetica is like training
a cat to stay out of water. But I'm impressed that people
know who to ask when they want to ask someone to not like
Helvetica. That's progress. -- David Berlow